Pages

Friday 14 February 2014

Production log 14/02/14


Today after school I continued to edit pictures for the double page spread of my magazine. I decided to pick a picture with a musical instrument - microphone to reinforce the main genre of my magazine which is music. I then decided I didn't want a colour picture and I had already used a black and white effect on two different pictures so I decided to colour in the image in black to create a blacked-out effect. I firstly went on Photoshop and then duplicated the layer. This was important as if I didn't like any of the changes I could easily go back to the previous layer which would include the first image I used. I then used the brush tool and increased the hardness of the brush to give a bold, thick outline. I then increased the size of the brush and began highlighting the main part of the model's body. After this was complete, I then decreased the size of the brush and went along the outside of the model's body to create a straight bold line. I found this the hardest part as if I pressed to hard and went off the line then the outline of the body would have a curvy line resulting in the picture looking of bad quality. Once this was complete I saved the pictured and imported to my double page spread. As you can see the two images above convey what the picture used to look like and what it looks like now once I edited the photo using Photoshop.  

No comments:

Post a Comment