Pages

Sunday 1 December 2013

Location Ideas


 

This is a video I created using the website Animoto. The video illustrates the different locations I will use for my photo shoots.

The first location I will use for my photo shoot is the media room which is available at school. The media room also includes a white and black backdrop which is useful for the background. I hope to use the white background as my model will be wearing a dark, black leather jacket, which will contrast with the white background behind.  The media room also includes props such as guitars, microphones and amps which is suitable for the genre of my magazine as electric guitars are typically associated with the genre of rock. This will link to my target audience as they have the money to spend on expensive musical equipment as they generally work full time.

 I will also incorporate the school stage in one of my photo shoots as I believe this location would be ideal for the photos displayed on my contents page as the school stage will make my photos look more professional and realistic.  I will darken the background of the stage so it will look like a live concert with my artist – Alexandra Flume as the main act of the stage. I will also include an electric guitar, drunk kit and microphone on stage to reinforce the idea of this being a live concert. If possible I will use smoke to create a cool effective and add to the atmosphere. The school stage is conveyed to the main feature of the school which is used for the key events for example Haydon's Got Talent – this is a talent show where children from younger years perform in front of students and parents. The show also involves musicians which proves it is accessible to use the school stage for my photo shoot.  Therefore, the school stage will be a great location to take pictures that are music related.

Although the majority of my photographs will be taken inside I want to create a diverse between my photo’s and take some outside. I decided on the location of Ruislip Woods as I believe the nature effect followed by the shadows created by the leaves of the tree will enable me to  picture good quality photos.  Furthermore, my model will be wearing red lipstick which will help contrast with the dark setting of the woods behind. Following my image ideas, I quite like the image of the model posed by the leaves of a tree.  The photos link to the genre of my magazine as the image is portrayed to very dark and  gloomy. I will try and imitate this style of work and  take photos of my artist  when it is dark in the evenings. I will perhaps bring a big light with me to highlight the face of my artist in among the pitch black background.  I will also bring another friend to video my photo shoot for a backstage video.

No comments:

Post a Comment