Pages

Sunday 22 December 2013

Editing Images


This is one of the pictures I selected for the double page spread of my magazine. I edited the picture using the programme Photoshop and altered parts of the photo using a selection of different tools. I began by changing the picture to black and white as after researching different conventions of music magazines I found the most successful double page spreads to include an image with a black and white effect. I also used the burn tool and applied it to the lips and eyes of my model to make her features stand out and appear more bold. I found this tool to very useful as it helped me to emphasise on the smoky eye look - a factor I most definitely wanted to include. The healing tool brush also played a big part in the editing process as I used this tool to produce a smooth effect on the model's face and to cover all crease lines and marks. I also used the colour range tool which enabled me to produce a nice and clean edit. I used the tool to select the focal point of my photo - the model and then used the eyedropper tool to select similar colours to the model and coloured in all necessary areas. I decided I didn't want to include the piece of hair sticking up and used the colour range tool to remove the hair. I had to be careful when using this tool as at first I made a few mistakes by colouring outside of the selected shape and including the white background. However, after a little help from my teacher I soon found this tool easy and simple to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment