Pages

Sunday 19 January 2014

Second Final Image

After improving the layout of my cover page for my magazine, I believed it was necessary to change the front cover image to suit the layout and style. Firstly, I looked back at my chosen images ideas and picked an image that was really close up.  I believe the angle of this picture will suit the layout of my magazine as I will be able to use the model's hair to place my sell lines. The close up shot will also persuade readers to buy my magazine as the closeness of the picture will help my magazine to stand out amongst other magazines on shelves at local shops.  Moreover, I decided to use this picture as her pose is really striking and sexual which shadows the theory of Laura Mulvey.  I edited the picture using the programme Photoshop to make the model's features stand out. I found the burn tool to be very helpful as the tool made my image appear darker resulting in the model's features to look more bold and interesting. I applied this took to the eyes to emphasise on the smoky eye look and her lips to make the red look more bold and powerful. I also used the healing brush tool which helped me to produce a smooth effect as I used this tool on the model's face to cover crease lines and marks. I believe this improvements suit my target audience as men are stereotypically attracted by beauty and will therefore feel persuaded to buy my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment