Pages

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Analysis of a range of front cover magazines

 
 
I found this task to be very useful as it helped me gain a better understanding of the different layouts, images, colours and mastheads I could incorporate into my own magazine. This task also helped me to develop my ideas further into the style of magazine I should create - do I want a multi genre magazine such as Q magazine which includes pop and rock artists or do I want a heavy rock based magazine such as Kerrang? While researching for different front cover magazines I decided to choose these three; Q, NME and Kerrang! as they all look professional and follow the typical conventions of a front cover page. Out of the three front covers I most like Q as the layout of the page is much more simple in contrast to Kerrang! In addition, Q magazines includes a variation of different text sizes, fonts and subtitles. I believe this task will help me for future tasks to develop my magazine further.

No comments:

Post a Comment