Pages

Tuesday 8 October 2013

Mood board

 

 
This is my mood board I created using the programme PowToon.
 
After researching different magazine covers, I quite like the idea of having a close up shot of the music artist as my main image. I noticed from Q magazine, the female artists shown on the front cover pages are conveyed in quite a seductive way, this is to appeal to the primary audience of men aged between 16-30.  I ideally wanted a female artist on my front cover, however I would have to take into consideration the target audience  and design the magazine so it would appeal to men. I also noticed how the artists displayed on the front cover are depicted in quite a serious manner as they give direct eye contact to the reader and are shown to not smile. I like this idea as it makes the magazine look more professional.  The cover models are also dressed in black in some way to emphasise the genre of the magazine – pop rock. For example the use of body language by Florence Welch on the front cover of Q shows her to have black nail varnish whereas the lead singer from NME magazine is dressed in a black top. I hope to include the colour black in my cover model . I also plan to have a house style of the colours red, white and black shown from both magazines as these colours are simple but give the magazine a sophisticated look. In addition, I quite like the logo’s of the two very popular magazines Q and NME as they are very simple yet effective.  Furthermore, the sell lines displayed to both sides of the magazine are positioned so they don’t overlay the main image and are highlighted in white which makes it more noticeable for the reader. The link for my moodboard is http://www.youtube.com/v/pMQ2U4o-jG8?version=3&f=user_uploads&c=google-webdrive-0&app=youtube_gdata"

No comments:

Post a Comment