Pages

Wednesday 16 October 2013

Name ideas


After analysing different music magazines for a previous homework task, I quite liked the idea of having an acronym for the name of my magazine - for example the magazine New Music Express is shortened down to the initials NME. Q magazine also uses an acronym in their title as the name of the magazine is simply shortened to the very basic and simple letter of Q. I believe this is more effective as it makes the magazine easy to remember and recognise. I decided to imitate this idea and came up with acronym 'TMM' which stands for 'The Music Magazine'. I believe this name is effective and good as the title is very simple and easily recognisable. I also liked the name 'ME' also known as 'Music Express' but believed this was too similar to the name of the original magazine of NME. After some discussion, I found myself disliking the phrase 'Number 1' as the name for my magazine as I thought it sounded like a typical name in the music industry and conveyed the genre of R'n'B rather than the genre of my magazine - pop rock. Furthermore, I believed the names 'Dynamic' and 'Strings' would sound too obvious making the magazine seem less professional in comparison to the acronymic name 'TMM'.
 

 
I also created a selection of different mastheads for each individual word and phrase from my name ideas to see which design would be most appropriate for my magazine. Before creating these designs, I decided to look back at a range of different music magazines to see what I believed were the most successful mastheads. I really liked the idea of having a box around the outside of my masthead as I believe this makes my design look more organised and structured. Overall, I really like the design of 'TMM' masthead with the red box around it as I believe this masthead looks professional and sophisticated. I will perhaps think about using this design for my final product.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment