Pages

Friday 8 November 2013

Props and Costumes




This is my mood board displaying the different props and costumes I will include in my photo-shoot. I have selected specific clothes, footwear, accessories and props that I believe will suit my magazine genre of pop rock. I want my magazine to looks professional and refined and the clothes I have chosen reinforce this idea. It is important for me to think of how I want my model to look in images so that I can ensure I take the pictures right the first time around, enabling myself to move and work quicker.

The type and colour of the models clothing are an important element to my magazine as they will need to relate to the theme of my music magazine - pop rock. In addition to this, the magazine images must interest the target audience which is men. I plan on including dark clothing as I want my images to look sophisticated and professional. Furthermore, the colour black has connotations of rock which relates to my genre. The type of clothing will range from leather skirts to leather jackets and tight black jeans to dark blouses. The clothing will be simple and basic to covey the typical clothing the audience of my magazine might wear. The model for my magazine will wear black footwear such as black boots or high heels to show a consistency between images. I will use a selection of close up shots, mid- shots and long shots from a variation of different angles so the pictures will alter with each other. The long shots are effective when conveying the footwear of the model as this type of shot will enable the audience to see a full length view of my model.

The model for my magazine will wear bold and vibrant make-up to interest the male target audience. I will include red-lipstick as red is conveyed to be a very powerful and dominant colour signifying importance and superior. Furthermore, the colour red adds sexiness and elegance and will help engage male attention. The cover model will also have dark, smoky eye-make up and white, pale foundation to introduce the idea of her being a sex symbol. The pale foundation will help emphasis these features and make them stand out from her dark clothing. I plan to include bold, vibrant make-up to my model to represent a change in her personality as she has gone from a sweet, innocent girl to a sexy, classy sex icon for men.

The model will also wear accessories including silver necklaces and earrings to create a diverse amongst my images. The silver jewellery will show up against the black and dark clothing making the outfit look more interesting and creative. After looking at a range of jewellery in shops such as Topshop, River Island and Zara I noticed these shops to include jewellery which involves studs, spikes and skulls. I plan to involve spikes in my models jewellery as this portrays the style of rock. Overall,  I do not want too much jewellery as I want the make-up of the model to be the main focal point of the photograph.

I will include props in my photo-shoot for the images displayed on my contents page and double page spread. I will feature musical props such as electric guitars, amps and microphones to represent the genre of pop rock. The use of props are an important feature to my magazine as they help create a variety in my photos and enable the audience to interact with my magazine as the audience will already be interested in music.

No comments:

Post a Comment