Pages

Saturday 2 November 2013

Project log 02/11/13

During the half term, I caught up on all the work which was set as our class were behind schedule in comparison to the other class. I began researching into the conventions of music magazines as I believed this was a vital document in the step up to creating my magazine. This document would give me clear ideas of what made a good magazine and the kind of features I should include in my own. I talked about the key concepts, audiences, representations and institutions of music magazines.  I then continued to work on existing names and mastheads, I found this task really useful and effective as it gave me clear ideas of what I should and shouldn't involve in my masthead design. I looked at a range of different genres of magazines to display how the style and design of mastheads connect to the specific genre being presented.

On one of the days in half term I came in to school and created my audience survey. At first I found this task quite hard and confusing as I had never used the programme Survey Monkey before and was  a little unsure of how to create a questionnaire, however with a little help from my friend I soon gathered the just of it. I decided to include a mixture of questions varying from choice questions to one word answers as I believed this was more effective for the reader to understand. After my survey was completed, I decided to re-design my mood board as I noticed my blog was lacking creativity. After researching for good video websites, I found the website PowToon which included everything I needed. I quickly began copying and pasting images and re-adjusting the layout to create an animated effect. I included a range of images varying from artists to bands and from make-up designs to costumes ideas for my front cover model. After I was happy with my video, I uploaded it to YouTube and then embedded it onto my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment